By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: Rahul Dravid parts ways with Rajasthan Royals – World News Network
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > Sports > Rahul Dravid parts ways with Rajasthan Royals – World News Network
Sports

Rahul Dravid parts ways with Rajasthan Royals – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 30, 2025 12:00 am
By worldnewsnetwork 4 Min Read
Share
SHARE

New Delhi [India], August 30 (ANI): In a significant development ahead of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2026, Rahul Dravid has stepped down as the head coach of the Rajasthan Royals (RR). The franchise announced the decision on Saturday, stating that Dravid was offered a broader role within the set-up, but he chose not to take it, as per ESPNcricinfo.
Dravid’s exit comes despite having a multi-year contract and follows a comprehensive structural review after RR endured a disappointing IPL 2025 campaign, finishing ninth on the points table, their worst performance since 2021, with only four wins in 14 matches.
“Head coach Rahul Dravid will conclude his tenure with the franchise ahead of IPL 2026,” the statement said, as quoted from ESPNcricinfo.
“Rahul has been central to the Royals’ journey for many years. His leadership has influenced a generation of players, instilled strong values within the squad, and left an indelible mark on the culture of the franchise,” it added.
“As part of the franchise structural review, Rahul had been offered a broader position at the franchise, but has chosen not to take this. The Rajasthan Royals, its players, and millions of fans worldwide extend heartfelt thanks to Rahul for his remarkable service to the franchise,” it said.
Dravid played a key role in shaping RR’s auction strategy and player retentions ahead of the new three-year IPL cycle. The franchise retained Sanju Samson, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Dhruv Jurel, Riyan Parag, and Shimron Hetmyer, banking on a settled core to deliver results.
However, the season failed to take off, with injuries to key players and an inability to close out tight matches proving costly. Despite flashes of brilliance from young talents, the Royals struggled to build momentum and never found consistency.
Dravid’s departure marks the end of a long and storied association with the franchise. He first joined Rajasthan Royals as a player in 2011 and captained the side during the 2012 and 2013 seasons. He later served as team director and mentor in 2014 and 2015, shaping RR’s philosophy of backing young Indian talent.
With Dravid stepping away, Rajasthan Royals become the second IPL franchise without a head coach ahead of IPL 2026, after Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR). Last month, Chandrakant Pandit parted ways with KKR despite guiding them to their first IPL title in a decade in 2024. Meanwhile, Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) are also restructuring their support staff, recently appointing B. Arun as their bowling consultant.
Currently, the Royals have Kumar Sangakkara as Director of Cricket, with Vikram Rathour as batting coach and Shane Bond handling the bowling department.
RR, who famously won the inaugural IPL title in 2008, have struggled for consistency ever since. Their best finish in recent years came in 2022, when they ended as runners-up to Gujarat Titans. (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri highlights India’s sporting diversity, pays tribute to Major Dhyan Chand – World News Network

US Open 2025: Aryna Sabalenka battles past Leylah Fernandez into fourth round – World News Network

DPL 2025: Nitish Rana’s blazing ton against South Delhi Superstarz powers West Delhi Lions into Qualifier 2 – World News Network

Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri highlights India’s sporting diversity, pays tribute to Major Dhyan Chand – World News Network

“Promise of compassion…”: RCB announces Rs 25 lakh each to kin of Bengaluru stampede victims – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Bihar SIR: Supreme Court to hear plea for extension on September 1 deadline for claims, objections – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

“Matter of concern for democracy”: JD(U)’s Neeraj Kumar on alleged ‘abuse’ against PM Modi – World News Network
National
“Feudal Mentality”: Assam CM Sarma condemns ‘abuses’ against PM Modi – World News Network
National
ICAR-NRCB makes breakthrough in banana tissue culture, new bioreactor technology boosts planting material production – World News Network
National
Delhi CM Rekha Gupta inaugurates District Committee Chairman’s Office in Alipur – World News Network
National
Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?