By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
  • Business
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health
  • Science
  • Tech
  • World
  • Marathi
  • Hindi
  • Gujarati
  • videos
  • Press Release
    • Press Release
    • Press Release Distribution Packages
  • Live Streaming
  • Legal Talk
Reading: CM Omar Abdullah reviews damage as cloudbursts, flash floods batter J-K – World News Network
Share
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
Font ResizerAa
Latest World News UpdateLatest World News Update
  • Home
    • Home 1
  • Categories
  • Legal Talk
  • Bookmarks
  • More Foxiz
    • Sitemap
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
  • Advertise
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Latest World News Update > Blog > National > CM Omar Abdullah reviews damage as cloudbursts, flash floods batter J-K – World News Network
National

CM Omar Abdullah reviews damage as cloudbursts, flash floods batter J-K – World News Network

worldnewsnetwork
Last updated: August 30, 2025 12:00 am
By worldnewsnetwork 3 Min Read
Share
SHARE

Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], August 30 (ANI): Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday chaired a high-level meeting to review the damage to National Highways (NH) and other major roads following cloudbursts and flash floods across the Union Territory.
The meeting focused on the condition of the Jammu-Srinagar NH-44 and other stretches affected by incessant rains.
CM Abdullah directed officials to ensure the swift restoration and smooth traffic movement, as well as the uninterrupted supply of essentials, particularly to the valley and remote areas.
The Chief Minister emphasised the need for close coordination among departments to provide timely updates and respond promptly to public needs.
The Jammu and Kashmir region is currently experiencing adverse weather conditions, characterised by heavy rainfall, triggered landslides, flash floods and road blockades, forcing the closure of the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway (NH-44) and cutting off several districts on Saturday.
Authorities said that seven members of a family were killed in a cloudburst in the Mahore tehsil of the Reasi district. Sub Inspector (SO Traffic) Maqbool Hussain said the Jammu-Srinagar highway remains closed due to multiple damages caused by landslides and falling rocks.
“The advisory has been issued because the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway is currently closed. All vehicles coming from the Mughal Road are subject to a cut-off time as per the advisory. We haven’t allowed any vehicles to pass after 2:30 pm,” Hussain told ANI.
He further added, “Passenger vehicles have been instructed to go to the bus stand for accommodation and food. Trucks and small vehicles are being stopped here. As soon as the weather improves or the road advisory is lifted, action will be taken. Until then, we urge people to follow the advisory. Do not act according to your own wishes, as the weather is still poor at the moment. Mughal Road can also be closed at any time.”
Earlier in the day, Union Minister Jitendra Singh spoke to Ramban District Collector Mohammad Alyas Khan after a cloudburst and landslides in the Rajgarh area claimed four lives, with one person still missing.
He added that rescue operations are underway, and all possible assistance is being provided.
In a post on X, Singh wrote, “Just now spoke to DC Ramban Mohammad Alyas Khan. A cloudburst in the Rajgarh area resulted in the unfortunate casualty of four persons. The fifth one is missing ,and the search is going on. Meanwhile, there is no injured. Rescue operation is on. Every possible assistance being provided. I am in constant touch.” (ANI)

Contents
WORLD MEDIA NETWORKPRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTIONPress releases distribution in 166 countriesPress releases in all languagesPress releases in Indian LanguagesIndia PackagesEurope PackagesAsia PackagesMiddle East & Africa PackagesSouth America PackagesUSA & Canada PackagesOceania PackagesCis Countries PackagesWorld Packages

Disclaimer: This story is auto-generated from a syndicated feed of ANI; only the image & headline may have been reworked by News Services Division of World News Network Inc Ltd and Palghar News and Pune News and World News

sponsored by

WORLD MEDIA NETWORK


PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION

Press releases distribution in 166 countries

EUROPE UK, INDIA, MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS, BELGIUM, ITALY, SPAIN, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, SOUTHEAST ASIA, JAPAN, SOUTH KOREA, GREATER CHINA, VIETNAM, THAILAND, INDONESIA, MALAYSIA, SOUTH AMERICA, RUSSIA, CIS COUNTRIES, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND MORE

Press releases in all languages

ENGLISH, GERMAN, DUTCH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, ARABIC, JAPANESE, and KOREAN CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, INDONESIAN, THAI, MALAY, RUSSIAN. ITALIAN, SPANISH AND AFRICAN LANGUAGES

Press releases in Indian Languages

HINDI, MARATHI, GUJARATI, TAMIL, TELUGU, BENGALI, KANNADA, ORIYA, PUNJABI, URDU, MALAYALAM
For more details and packages

Email - support@worldmedianetwork.uk
Website - worldmedianetwork.uk

India Packages

Read More

Europe Packages

Read More

Asia Packages

Read More

Middle East & Africa Packages

Read More

South America Packages

Read More

USA & Canada Packages

Read More

Oceania Packages

Read More

Cis Countries Packages

Read More

World Packages

Read More
sponsored by

You Might Also Like

“Not right…”: Congress’ TS Singh Deo condemns Mahua Moitra’s reported remarks against Amit Shah – World News Network

“Restlessness is visible”: BJP’s Nitin Nabin on Mahua Moitra’s reported remark about Amit Shah – World News Network

Punjab: BSF nabs smuggler along with 7 kgs of heroin in Ferozepur – World News Network

“Govt working on war footing to resolve issue”: Ajit Pawar on Maratha quota row – World News Network

Delhi: Two more of Nandu-Venkat Garg gang arrested after encounter linked to Chhawla firing case – World News Network

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Previous Article Bihar SIR: Supreme Court to hear plea for extension on September 1 deadline for claims, objections – World News Network
Next Article Need to thwart Centre’s attempt to change Constitution: Telangana CM Revanth Reddy – World News Network
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
TwitterFollow
YoutubeSubscribe
TelegramFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

Latest News

“There are some matters of concern about China”: RJD’s Manoj Jha – World News Network
National
Congress, alleges ‘Modi Government has pushed forward on reconciliation with China’ – World News Network
National
PM Modi on Mann ki Baat: Digital Platform ‘Pratibha Setu’ for UPSC aspirants missing final list – World News Network
National
‘Ice Age 6’ release date, title revealed – World News Network
Entertainment
Copyright © 2024 World News Network. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?